Smart amenity spaces that work for property developers, managers, and tenants.
Fitness and wellness amenities are consistently ranked in the top 3 requests by building occupants. This includes residential, commercial, and mixed-use developments.
Progressive developers and building managers understand that top quality fitness and wellness amenities are a significant asset to a building. With this great tenant amenity, the sales/leasing process is much easier, sale/lease values remain high, and higher quality tenants are attracted to the property.
Unfortunately, too many developers are still acting on outdated fitness and wellness centre beliefs and information.Here are just a few myths about fitness and wellness that cost developers money and opportunity.
- Fitness centres are expensive and take up too much valuable space
- We don’t have enough room for all that equipment
- Most gyms are never used anyway
- Tenants will be upset because it will raise their operating costs too much
We hear these comments all the time. The good news is they are ALL FALSE!
With the right advice and fitness centre model, each one of these negative statements can be turned into a positive. Fitness centres can be very cost effective and scaled to suit virtually any budget. Small spaces can be very effective. In fact, most existing spaces can be modified to work. FRESH! has designed fully functioning commercial fitness centres in as little as 400sf.
The biggest myth out there is that you need lots of fancy equipment! The fact is, some equipment is useful, but most people dramatically overestimate the amount, type, and cost of equipment needed. We’ve designed modern, effective, and highly functional fitness centres for less than $15,000. These facilities are often more useful to people than gyms containing equipment 10x more costly.
The best advice we can give to developers is to consult a qualified and experienced fitness professional with extensive facility operations experience (not a fitness equipment company or an architect/interior designer) to help you decide on the following critical factors, and work closely with your design and construction professionals…
- What is your goal/vision for the facility? Who will be using it?
- How often? How many people? What is the traffic flow/volume?
- What facility models are being considered? (managed, self-serve, hybrid, partnerships, etc.)?
- What is your budget? How will this create value for users and your company?
At FRESH!, we’ve invested 30+ years in the design, management, and operations of commercial and corporate fitness centres. We understand inherently what clients need to get the results they want, what equipment and tools the industry’s top trainers and coaches use on a daily basis, and how to use this knowledge to create the ideal fitness and wellness facility for your needs.
We also leverage our extensive range of equipment suppliers to ensure you get the most effective tools. Period. No more missing out on key equipment and being stuck with a single manufacturer.
Fitness Facility Project Phases
Our services encompass three general phases. Ideally, we work with our clients through all three phases. This is great for continuity, consistency, and minimizing challenges, but not every project is appropriate for all three phases. We are open to being utilized on an “a la carte” basis as well. Expand each section below for details.
- On site meetings and follow-ups with designers, construction, A/V, engineering, and other contractors to ensure optimal facility functionality.
- Client meetings to clarify/determine approximate equipment budget and goals of space.
- Choose equipment options relevant to the client vision and design aesthetic while matching the demographics and use requirements of the space.
- Work with design team to create and optimize design and layout options.
- Source and order all fitness centre related equipment.
- Coordinate shipping, delivery timelines and schedules.
- Coordinate installation, setup, and testing of equipment.
- Provide tenant orientation and facility information sessions upon opening.
- Assist with communication and pre-opening promotion of gym and tenant amenities.
- Facility management and staffing
- Coordinate regularly scheduled preventative maintenance for equipment.
- On-site fitness and wellness services (personal training, nutrition coaching, fitness classes, assessments, seminars, workshops, lifting clinics, etc.)
- Facility/Amenity marketing and promotion
Have a current project underway? Perhaps you just want to learn how to optimize your current facilities and get ideas for future projects? Simply enter your details below, and we will get back to you within one business day.
Let's chat about your facility plans!
Whether you know exactly what you want, or are seeking information and guidance, we would love to hear your plans.