Construction & Design Professionals
Leverage our 30+ years of fitness and wellness expertise on your next project.
Your Expert Partner for Fitness & Wellness Projects
As a design professional, you are awesome at what you do. However, it’s probably safe to say that you aren’t a fitness and wellness expert. Being fit and going to the gym regularly doesn’t count. It’s the same reason we aren’t architects or interior designers even though we can manipulate a CAD drawing!
For over 30 years, the team at FRESH! has been managing, operating, and designing fitness facilities. This includes effective equipment selection, layout, and a deep understanding of the functional programming needs of any space. Additionally, for almost this long, we’ve been teaching and coaching other industry professionals about the concepts of movement training and functional fitness.
So What Does This Mean For YOU as a Design Professional
Our sole purpose is to optimize movement and function so that people can get the results they want and life the life they deserve. For your clients, this means creating the best facility to meet their usage needs and budget. For you, this means you look great, have less stress, and get to focus on the things that you do best!
The simple fact is that traditional fitness centres fail on almost every front. The old school approach to throwing a bunch of fitness and cardio machines in a room and calling it a gym is gone. Sure, some people do it, and they can even spend lots of money to make the design look fancy, but those facilities are still ineffective, and the companies recommending them are dinosaurs in a rapidly evolving industry.
Watch any good trainer or sports conditioning expert and you will notice that they NEVER use the machines in a typical gym. Their style and philosophy of training is completely different…and it works well. However, almost every big health club and corporate gym is loaded with expensive, space intensive, and mostly unnecessary machines!
There is a better way, and FRESH! can help you wow your client with something unique, functional, and amazing to look at!
Our services encompass three general phases. Ideally, we work with our clients through all three phases. This is great for continuity, consistency, and minimizing challenges, but not every project is appropriate for all three phases. We are open to being utilized on an “a la carte” basis as well.
Three Ways We Work With Clients and Project Partners
- On site meetings and follow-ups with designers, construction, A/V, engineering, and other contractors to ensure optimal facility functionality.
- Client meetings to clarify/determine approximate equipment budget and goals of space.
- Choose equipment options relevant to the client vision and design aesthetic while matching the demographics and use requirements of the space.
- Work with design team to create and optimize design and layout options.
- Source and order all fitness centre related equipment.
- Coordinate shipping, delivery timelines and schedules.
- Coordinate installation, setup, and testing of equipment.
- Provide tenant orientation and facility information sessions upon opening.
- Assist with communication and pre-opening promotion of gym and tenant amenities.
- Facility management and staffing
- Coordinate regularly scheduled preventative maintenance for equipment.
- On-site fitness and wellness services (personal training, nutrition coaching, fitness classes, assessments, seminars, workshops, lifting clinics, etc.)
- Facility/Amenity marketing and promotion